San Francisco Area - February 24-29, 2004
These pictures were taken on a trip to San Francisco, California, for
the SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing.
Fortunately, I was able to stay the weekend after the conference to do
They were taken with my Olympus C730 Ultra Zoom digital camera. Most
images are shown at a resolution of 640x480, but are available in full
2048x1536 size by clicking on the links after the captions. The "From
the Roads" links are pictures from the car not deemed worthy of their
own pages. The better stuff from the roads (pictures of the city and
bridges and things) got into the regular pages.
E-mail domain: teresco.org, username: terescoj -
Tue Mar 2 22:09:27 MST 2004
Tuesday, February 24, 2004
- From the roads
- No pictures from a ride (after dark) to get dinner in Palo Alto
Wednesday, February 25, 2004
This was a full day at the conference, so the only pictures are:
- The very rainy morning
- The very rainy and stormy evening
Thursday, February 26, 2004
Another full day at the conference, so picture opportunities were
limited. But we did get a few chances at the end of the day.
- Another rainy morning ride, but not
nearly as rainy as Wednesday
- A few pictures from an afternoon
- The Marina district after the conference
was over for the day
- Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge
- View of the city, the bridge, and the
Pacific from Marin County
Friday, February 27, 2004
The conference ended at lunch time, so there were better chances to go
see things later.
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Walk along the beach at Pacifica
- Ride along Route 1 from Pacifica to Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz
- From the Roads
Saturday, February 28, 2004
Full day to check out the area -- destinations: Muir Woods and Santa Rosa.
- Morning ride through San Francisco
- Ride up to Muir Woods
- Muir Woods National Monument
- Ride to Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa, mainly the Schulz Museum
- Ride back from Santa Rosa, via Ukiah and Calistoga
- Others From the Roads
- San Francisco at night from Treasure Island
Sunday, February 29, 2004
After brunch with Colleen from back home in Amsterdam, I had a couple
of hours to check out the city.
- Telegraph Hill and Coit Tower
- Walking around San Francisco
- Ride to the airport
Copyright notice: All images are copyright © James D. Teresco unless otherwise specified. Unauthorized use is prohibited.